Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy – weight loss surgery for morbid obesity – Dr. J. K. A. Jameel


Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy – weight loss surgery for morbid obesity – Dr. J. K. A. Jameel
This video demonstrates a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy in a patient with Morbid Obesity. (Weight – 117 kgs, BMI – 45). This surgery involves resection of approximately 80% of the stomach leaving behind 20% of the stomach in the shape of a sleeve. Surgery is performed under general anaesthesia and patients are usually in hospital for 2 to 3 days. Patients who undergo this surgery can expect to lose approximately 50 to 70% of their excess body weight in about 12 to 18 months.

For more information, please visit
www.chennaibariatricsurgeon.com
www.chennailaparoscopicsurgeon.com

Dr. J. K. A. Jameel
MRCS., FRCS (Glasg)., FRCS (Ed)(Gen Surg)., MSc (UK)., CCT (UK)., FICS (USA)
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist, Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon,
Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India
Phone: 0091 9840130413
0091 44 28296458
0091 44 28296483
Email: jkajameel@yahoo.com